The definition of a brand platform represents an essential stage to build a coherent and effective communication strategy. On the one hand, the visual identity defines the components of a brand’s identity and the rules that are applied to it; on the other hand, the brand platform expresses its culture.
Visual identity and brand platform can be combined in a reference document called brandbook.
The platform is composed with 3 fundamental elements:
- Mission: the reason for being of the company or brand
- Vision: the projection of the mission in the future in the form of ambitions and objectives
- Value: the leading principles which guide the organisation and establish its culture
Those three main pillars can be combined by various others components, according to the brand and its concerns, for example:
- Positioning: the way the brand generates adding value while meeting client’s expectations, reminding its target, its activity, its distinctions and its credibility or reason to believe.
- Signature: formula summarizing the vision and values of the brand
- Brand identity: practice that projects the brand on a fictitious individual while ascribing him human qualities and attributes.
- Brand message: brand’s essential message transmitted towards its audiences
- Manifesto: brand’s convictions that constitute its belief, frequently presented through catchy slogans.
As a branding and design agency, cheeeeese aims to guide the brands through the definition of their visual identity and brand platform. This initiative enables the elaboration of a consistent brand book that will shape long-term brands. Thanks to the hopscotch, cheeeeese’s unique, methodological, realistic and involving approach, branding becomes a piece of cake.